Tuesday, November 4, 2008

FLU SHOTS!!

Well today Spencer, Abby, and I went and got our flu shots. It is recommended that when you are going to have a newborn in the house that everyone that is around them on a regular basis should get a flu shot to protect the new baby from getting sick. We all went together as to make it less traumatic for Abigale. Well, she still didn't like it!! Mommy got hers first and then Daddy and then Abby. She screamed so loud...it kills me! It is like this little scream that just sounds like she is in sooo much pain. After her shot she got a sticker from the nurse and said thank you and then she said bye and pranced out of the room like nothing had happened. So she at least did better than she normally does, which is scream at everyone she sees until she is in the car and then she whines the whole way home! Well, since we all were so brave in getting our shots we went and got swirl ice cream cones as a treat! (Even though it was snowing outside!) Spence and I both feel like wimps because our arms hurt SOOO bad! I hope Abby doesn't feel like we do! I gave her Tylenol before we took her. Hopefully it helped. Anyways, now that I am 36 weeks along we are finally getting all the last preparations done for our little Lyla Belle. I just hope she decides to join us soon!

3 comments:

Brad and Hailey said...

Aww! Lyla! What a pretty name! Yeah I still keep debating about the flu shot. ;) Hope your arms feel better soon! You're braver than me!

Reid and Brittney said...

Oh man..that is never fun. I hate taking my kids to get their shots it makes me feel so bad. Oh well, it helps keep them healthy. I can't believe you are already 36 weeks along, that seemed to fly by for me. What a cute name you guys have decided on. Can't wait to meet her, don't know when that will be but yeah. Hope she comes soon!!

Val said...

I cannot believe your due date is soo soon! Since you waited forever to tell everybody it's gone by so fast (for everyone but you I'm sure :). Hope all is well!