Saturday, May 30, 2009

HESS CANCER FOUNDATION

Here we are before the race...such suckers! I really almost cried when I came up to the finish line to see my sweet Abigale waiting for me and cheering me on.
Here comes Spence...almost done!



Spencer and I competed in a duathlon today for the Hess Cancer Foundation. We did the short course which consisted of a two mile run followed by a ten mile bike followed by another two mile run. WOWZERS! Well we didn't die and I finished in 2:00:08.2 Spencer's bike wheel went flat around the four mile mark and had to walk to the five mile turn around and call my parents to come pick him up. He didn't get to finish the biking but he did run the last leg of the race and came in with a time of 2:04:28.0! I am so glad it's over! I know that we both could have done alot better but I am so proud that we actually did it "together."

Spencer's sister Shannon got home from her mission on Thursday and has her mission homecoming tomorrow. It is one of the few times that Spence and I will be able to go to a regular ward. We are looking forward to having the day off of work and enjoying the Sabbath. We are so glad to have her back home and Abigale just loves having her Aunt Shannon around to play in her kitchen with her!

I hope all is well with everyone! A Special SHOUT OUT to my sister NATALIE...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

5 comments:

Sarah Cluff said...

That is the cutest picture of Abby cheering you on! I can just here her cheering you on in her cute little high pitched voice! Good job on finishing!

Jones Family said...

Congrats Amy... that is such an accomplishment! And you look GREAT by the way!

Val said...

Wow! I'm impressed that is amazing! Good work you guys! The picture of Abby cheering for you is so precious!

Natalie said...

I didn't know that you posted pictures until just now! Love them. I too, like the picture of Abby cheering for you, so cute!! Thanks for the shout out and for calling me on my birthday! :) Now you can start training for the thing we'll do in November! :) j/k

Jonny said...

Amy & Spenc, that's such an accomplishment! Way to go! WE miss you guys and need to get together again soon! Love, Rach (& Jonny)