Monday, May 10, 2010

Oh to be a Mother...

This is a photo of my sweet girlies before we went to get Uncle Derrick from the airport...sadly after this my camera died and we couldn't get it to recharge FOREVER!!! So since the beginning of April I haven't gotten any pics of my girls which really frustrated me... So last night I labored tirelessly to figure it out and Spence and I finally got it to charge so I took photos of my anniversary present and my mother's day gifts.
First on the list is this ladies...
I kept telling Spencer that five years was the DIAMOND anniversary!! So yeah, he believed me! ; )
My sweet Abigale got me this necklace for Mother's Day.
I also got these flowers from my hubby and Lyla made me a cookie flower in nursery. YUM! I also got chocolate covered strawberries which are not pictured but were very yummy!
This year we have a sweet bunch of boys in our home which got me these roses and all signed a card for me as well. We have a boy from Hawaii and he got me macadamia nut clusters...YUMMO! The best thing that I got was this sweet decoration...from our live-in Spencer C.
When it is flipped over it has this on it...
It's a wooden PADDLE!! And all of my boys signed and wrote little notes on it to me! Some like, Mommy Please Don't Beat Me...
Now I am not saying I abuse the kiddos I work with, but sometimes they need a little love tap...so thanks for making it easy to grab off the wall!
As this Mother's Day has come and gone I look back and reflect on the fact that I LOVE BEING A MOTHER! Not only to my own children, which are the cutest in the world, but also to my boys. It really is hard for me not to become attached to these wonderful kids and I am so grateful that I am in a position to influence them in their lives.
I also want to send a shout out to my hubby for making me a mother. I wouldn't want to have done it with anyone else. I love you Spence!
Also another shout out to my mom as well as Spencer's mom. They are both wonderful women and influence me everyday. I love you guys!

2 comments:

The Nielsons said...

Sounds like you had a great day and anniversary... Congrats

Natalie said...

luv the bling! good job spence! and of course, ur girls look beautiful. congrat on ur anni!