Tuesday, September 28, 2010

update...

Hey guys, first of all I want to apologize to you, if you have sent me messages and I have not gotten back to you or texts or comments...I am just running a million miles a minute right now with this whole situation and it's hard for me to slow down long enough to communicate personally with a lot of people! So to the update...as of this morning Max has been taken off of his blood pressure meds. They will be taking him off of his ventilator today. They are not sure if he will go back down to the C-PAP or if he will just go to a high flow oxygen line...but both are better than the ventilator! They will be weaning him off of his Nitric Oxide in the next day. His pulmonary hypertension is looking better but is not completely gone yet, they will probably do another echo cardiogram on Thursday to check again. Overall this is MAJOR in his recovery! Thank you to all of you for your faith and prayers for our son Max...it is helping in ways we could never have dreamed!

3 comments:

Brad and Hailey said...

I am so glad to hear the good news! I hope he gets put on the high flow, they are much more comfortable that the cpap. Off the ventilator is great news! And off the heart meds ... that would be a true miracle if his little body could fix itself. We keep you all in our thoughts and prayers!!!!

Nikki Nielson said...

He is such a little fighter! I am so happy Amy, what a sweet little guy. I am just so happy that he is doing better, what a blessing!

Val said...

Amy and Spencer,
We hope he continues to get better. We have been praying for him and for your guys. He's so precious!